Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Guardiola wants me to be direct and clinical - Raheem Sterling



Pep Guardiola wants Raheem Sterling to be more direct and clinical for Manchester City in the Premier League

Manchester City attacker Raheem Sterling revealed manager Pep Guardiola had urged him to be more direct and clinical.

Sterling scored for the first time since September as City recorded a much needed 2-1 win over Arsenal in the Premier League on Sunday.


The 22 year old praised Guardiola for helping his game develop, although he knows he still has work to do.

'He has told me to be direct, to be the player he knows I want to be, Sterling told a reliable newspaper in UK.

'To be direct, to be involved in creating chances and scoring goals, being clinical and that's what I need to do.

'I watch players to get better. I'm only 22 and I'm going to watch world class players to see if I can improve my game week in, week out.

'There's many players in my position I watch, and to keep adding to my game.'

City have responded to a three-match winless run with back to back victories, seeing them sitting third in the Premier League.

They also face Monaco in the last 16 of the Champions League and Sterling remains upbeat over their chances of winning trophies this campaign.

'I'm massively excited about this season and what we can achieve,' he said.

'Of course we want the title and to do well in the Champions League. It's good times ahead, exciting times, and we just need to keep going.'

Soccer Reports

Home Page ➡ coolpm.blogspot.com

Rumours

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured post

Middlesbrough 0-3 Liverpool

Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana celebrates scoring his team's third goal during the English Premier League football match between ...